GB no more…

As more holiday destinations are being added to the green list, it is essential UK drivers are aware of the change in regulations with regards to displaying UK Flag Stickers on their vehicles.

According to @GOV.UK, as of 28 September you will need UK identification badge or sticker to drive outside the UK. Which sticker you need depends on when and where you’re driving.

You will need to display a UK sticker clearly on the rear of your vehicle if your number plate has any of the following:

– a GB identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack)
– a Euro symbol
– a national flag of England, Scotland or Wales
– numbers and letters only – no flag or identifier

If your number plate includes the UK identifier with the Union flag (also known as the Union Jack), you do not need a UK sticker. If you’re in Spain, Cyprus or Malta, you must display a UK sticker no matter what is on your number plate, if you have a GB sticker, cover or remove it.

vGroup is aware of these changes and keeping in close contact with motoring authorities in order to apply these to vPlate number plates and components in our popular European motoring kits. Our customer can take comfort in relying on us to advise and react to any legislative changes.

To learn more about the range of products and services vGroup international offer, please visit


Previous Post
vGroup International is making important progress in its carbon neutral journey
Next Post
Brunel University: Emergency Breakdown Warning Project